9 Discounts and Benefits Seniors Are Entitled To But Often Forget to Claim
Most people know about everyday discounts at restaurants and retailers, but many people 55 and older overlook some of the greatest benefits and special programs available to seniors. Unfortunately many Americans are missing out entirely, simply because they don’t know these programs exist.
That’s why we put together this list of the top discounts and benefits that we could find for 2020.
Note That: Many of these programs and discounts are only available online, and could expire as early as this July. For that reason, we strongly encourage our readers to claim the items in the list below right away!
1. Collecting Social Security? Consider a “Do-Over” and Get a Benefits Boost
An obscure tax law allows those who collect social security to halt current benefits, pay back everything collected (interest-free), and restart benefits at a new, higher rate based on your current age. It’s called “do-over” and it can dramatically increase social security.
Here’s how it works… Let’s say someone qualifies for full benefits of $1,600 a month at their normal retirement age of 66, but they decide to begin collecting benefits at 62. As a result, their retirement benefits will be reduced by 25% for the rest of their life (to $1,200 a month in this example) because they’ll be collecting a smaller benefit for a longer period of time.
On the other hand, if that person delayed collecting benefits, they will receive an 8% credit for every year beyond their normal retirement age until they reach 70, when their maximum benefit will be 132% of what they would have received at age 66. In this example, this person would receive about $2,100 a month at 70 — a $900 difference!
Most don’t realize this option is available to them, but that doesn’t mean it’s for everyone. Be sure to crunch the numbers and speak with a qualified advisor before doing anything drastic.
2. Never Pay Another Electric Bill Again — Federal Program Pays Homeowners To Go Solar And And Enjoy $0 Electric Bills
Here’s something the power company doesn’t want you to know. A little-known government program gives homeowners who live in these certain areas a big payment incentive to switch to solar.
The program is called the Federal Residential Renewable Energy Tax Credit, which provides subsidies and rebates that can cover the costs to go solar and get rid of the electric company once and for all. In fact, the average tax break gives back $4,860 for installing solar panels.
Has your power company told you that? Most likely not. That’s because once homeowners go solar, their energy bill is drastically reduced — often to $0 or close to it. You can bet the energy companies are not too thrilled about that.
3. Special Program Gives $250,000 in Life Insurance for Just $15/month!
If you have any family, life insurance is a must. Most people don’t have savings large enough for their family to pay off their mortgage, cover living expenses, and pay for final expenses — never mind ensuring your loved ones don’t inherit your debts.
Life insurance companies know all of this and the bigger the policy, the more they profit. They’ve been getting away with charging high rates for years – but that’s all coming to an end.
Thanks to a new special program, there is now a way to get a rock solid, yet very inexpensive life insurance policy from top providers. Thanks to this amazing website it’s easy to see and compare plans, regardless of age or medical history. The best part is it’s totally free!
The website will run your options through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available at the lowest possible price. Even if you already have a policy, it can find comparable plans at a much much lower price. You could easily end up saving up to 70% on life insurance!
No medical check and guaranteed acceptance policies are also available for adults of every age, even if you have been denied in the past.
4. Enjoy These Discounts When Eating Out
If you don’t feel like cooking be sure to turn to these places for good senior dining deals. From fast food to steak restaurants, our compiled restaurant list will definitely help you make your choice.
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Wendy’s: get free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location (Inquire)
- Denny’s: Offers a 55+ menu with smaller portions, and better prices. (We like this a lot!)
- Perkins: Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- Long John Silver’s: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
5. Seniors With $15,000 or More in Credit Card Debt Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
With the skyrocketing cost of living in the United States, more and more adults in retirement are struggling with financial debt than ever before. And with interest rates snowballing the amount owed, paying your credit card balance can seem like a trap that can never be escaped. Here’s what credit card companies don’t want you to know…
For any adults 50 and over that owes $15,000 or more in credit card debt, this debt relief program can greatly reduce the amount of money owed. The program can resolve debt without a loan – allowing many to become totally debt free in just 24 – 48 months.
So if you carry $15,000 or more in credit card debt, click here to see if you qualify for reduced payments!Reduce My Credit Card Bill »
6. Homeowners Get $3,252/year Taken Off Their Mortgage With New Federal “Relief Program” This July
If you’re a homeowner, this one thing could save yourself thousands of dollars this year…
The Fed recently issued new mortgage guidelines, which allows the average homeowner to get $3,252/year (or $271/month) taken off their mortgage as early as this July.
There’s no telling how soon the Relief Program will expire, so it’s suggested that homeowners complete the official mortgage relief survey here to check their eligibility right away.
While the banks happily wait for the program to end, a final push is urging homeowners to take advantage. The Relief Program is currently active but could be shut down at any given time. The good news is that once you’re in, you’re in.
So if reducing your payments by $271/month, paying off your mortgage faster, or even taking some cash out would help you, it’s important to check your eligibility here. Checking your eligibility is quick and completely free!Check My Eligibility »
7. Transportation and Travel Discounts
For those that like to get out of town, vacation, or visit the grandchildren, be sure to always ask for discounts from the various travel providers. This is especially true for travelers 55 and over. Here are a few we know about…
- American Airlines: There are various senior discounts that apply to various trips. Call to find out which are available.
- Amtrak: Senior pricing is available for most Amtrak locations. This ranges from 10 to 15 percent off.
- Alaska Airlines: Seniors can save a significant amount with discount plane tickets. However, discounts vary from one time frame to the next. Most commonly, seniors can save 10 percent.
- Southwest Airlines: Seniors over 65 who are traveling with Southwest Airlines may be eligible for Senior Fares. These are available online and for international and domestic travel. You can also purchase Senior Fares through a customer service representative at the airline or a travel agency. You will need to arrive early at the gate to be able to prove your age in order to be checked in for your flight.
- United Airlines: United offers discounted prices for flights for seniors over 65. Seniors need to select the Over 65 category when purchasing tickets online or with a customer service agent. Discounts vary depending on the flight and location.
8. Senior Homeowners Get $850 in Free Home Security Equipment Installed This July
Did you know that a home without a security system is 3x more likely to be broken into than a home with security. While installing a home alarm system isn’t just to stop burglars and intruders, it may also save you big money year after year. A house alarm could greatly reduce your homeowners insurance policy too.
It’s also important for homeowners to have a high functioning alarm system installed so that they can get medical aid in the case of a life threatening emergency, especially for those who live alone.
For a limited time, homeowners can get $850 in FREE equipment + a $100 Visa gift card!
9. Seniors Homeowners In Eligible Zip Codes Get $1,632/yr Back On Their Home Insurance. Check If Your Area Qualifies…
A new Special Program is helping thousands of savvy homeowners get up-to $1,632/year back on their home insurance. Has your insurance provider told you about this?
Let’s face it… everyone needs homeowners insurance. But how often have you actually used your insurance? Probably not nearly enough to make up for the cost year after year.
Here’s something most people don’t know about home insurance and it’s one of the easiest ways homeowners can save…
Homeowners insurance is actually pretty inexpensive, but most people are paying far too much. In fact, most homeowners can now get an average $1,632 taken off their annual bill for the same or even better coverage by using this popular website.
In just seconds, you can get quotes from the top insurance providers in your area that compete to give you the lowest rate… allowing you to get a big discount on great coverage. Many report they’re able to get a huge savings just by using this site to reduce their bill for free.Reduce My Home Insurance »
Bonus #1: Paying More Than $16/Week for Car Insurance? Here’s How to Save $610/yr or More
Did you know that depending on your age and other factors, car owners could get a generous discount on their car insurance?
In fact, if you’re over the age of of 50 and paying over $63/month for car insurance, there’s a good chance you’re paying more than you need to. It’s quite common for this to occur, as most simply keep their same old policy in place… and those rates can creep up over time without really noticing.
Most people are also not taking advantage of the multiple discounts available to them (probably because they don’t even know they exist). Luckily, finding these discounts and seeing how low your rate could be is super easy. Just use this brilliant website to check for discounts your area qualifies for.
Bonus #2: New “Roof Replacement” Program Helps Homeowners Get a New Roof
Homeowners should never have to pay full price for roof repairs again. In the past roofing work could cost a fortune. Worse yet, a bad roof can lead to tremendous damage, mold, animal infestation and other expensive situations that could be avoided with proper home maintenance.
No doubt replacing a home’s roof is an easy thing to put off “until next season,” especially since traditionally the cost could come with quite the price tag.
But thanks to this brilliant new website, it no longer has to cost homeowners an arm and a leg to get the roof replaced or repaired. In fact, homeowners that use the site will never have to pay full price for roof repairs again.
Now homeowners can get their roof replaced while saving thousands of dollars in the process by taking advantage of all special discounts, rebates and incentives available in their area.
Every homeowner should check to see how cheap it can be to get a new roof in their area.
Bonus #3: Never Pay Out-Of-Pocket For Costly For Costly Home Repairs Again
Many seniors simply don’t have enough disposable money lying around to pay for expensive home repairs. Your home insurance won’t cover your washing machine or AC breaking. What if your heater breaks when you need it the most? Who amongst us has hundreds or even thousands available at a moment’s notice for such a repair?
This is why many homeowners are getting this new Home Warranty Program. It can end up saving thousands in the long run by protecting unexpected home repairs. The furnace, appliances, roof repairs, air conditioning – it’s all covered under this new program!
By taking advantage of the special programs in this list, seniors can easily save thousands of dollars a year — and for many years to come.
Don’t Forget: many of these items may expire this July, so do not wait to claim them and start saving right away…
1. Go Solar and Enjoy $0 Electric Bills: Click here to see if your zip code qualifies.
3. Claim $250,000 in Life Insurance: Click here to search discounted rates on life insurance!
3. Get Rid of Credit Card Debt: Click here if you have more than $15,000 in credit card balances.
4. Take $3,252/year Off Your Mortgage: Click here to see if you’re eligible!
5. Reduce Your Car Insurance: Click here to save $500+ on car insurance!