Biden campaign to restart negative ads after Trump discharged from hospital
BY CELINE CASTRONUOVO – 10/07/20 06:52 PM EDT 7962,374
- Missouri governor again says he’ll pardon St. Louis couple who pointed guns at protesters after indictmentSTATE WATCH — 6M 54S AGO
- Pence’s debate guests preview focus on law and orderCAMPAIGN — 25M 27S AGO
- Trump campaign dialing back ads in Midwest states: reportCAMPAIGN — 33M 27S AGO
- Federal road funding nearly expired — let’s focus before the next deadlineOPINION — 48M 10S AGO
- Former Trump campaign adviser named to senior role at CIA: reportADMINISTRATION — 49M 1S AGO
- History shows third party votes will fall and turnout will rise for electionOPINION — 1H 18M AGO
- Biden campaign to restart negative ads after Trump discharged from hospitalCAMPAIGN — 1H 25M AGO
- COVID-19 sparks national security concerns with top brass in quarantineDEFENSE — 1H 35M AGO
VIEW ALLRelated News
- Ex-Montana GOP governor says Trump…
- California Republicans: Donate to Defend…Sponsored | Paid for by the NRCC
- Cook Political Report moves South Carolina…
- Forecasters raise probability of Biden…
© Getty Images
Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden‘s campaign plans to resume running negative digital and television advertisements against President Trump as he recovers from COVID-19, a person familiar with the plans confirmed to The Hill on Wednesday.
The move, first reported by Bloomberg in the late afternoon Wednesday, comes after the Biden campaign decided to take down all negative advertisements Friday following news of the president’s and first lady Melania Trump’s coronavirus diagnosis.
Two sources close to the campaign told The Hill on Friday that the former vice president’s team was taking down the negative ads and had made the decision before the White House announced that Trump was being taken to Walter Reed Medical Center.
In a Friday tweet, Biden wrote, “This cannot be a partisan moment. It must be an American moment. We have to come together as a nation.”https://platform.twitter.com/embed/index.html?dnt=false&embedId=twitter-widget-0&frame=false&hideCard=false&hideThread=false&id=1312149358356303873&lang=en&origin=https%3A%2F%2Fthehill.com%2Fhomenews%2Fcampaign%2F520100-biden-campaign-to-restart-negative-ads-after-trump-discharged-from-hospital&theme=light&widgetsVersion=ed20a2b%3A1601588405575&width=550px
This cannot be a partisan moment.