- Chinese People’s Liberation Army has accused the US of ‘provocative actions’
- Spokesperson on Friday said US destroyer John McCain entered waters around the disputed Paracel Islands without China’s permission
- ‘It is a naked navigational hegemony and military provocation,’ he said
- He also accused the US of ‘frequently’ sending warships to the South China Sea to flex its muscles
- In July, China called the US a ‘troublemaker and destroyer of regional peace’ after two aircraft carriers were dispatched to the region in a show of force
PUBLISHED: 17:11 EDT, 9 October 2020 | UPDATED: 20:55 EDT, 9 October 2020
China has demanded the US ‘control and restrict’ its naval operations in the South China Sea after a US guided missile destroyer entered waters around the disputed Paracel Islands without permission.
A spokesperson for the Chinese People’s Liberation Army ac