Dobbs Retweeting Supporters After Cancellation

Dobbs Retweeting Supporters After Cancellation

Dobbs Retweeting Supporters After Cancellation

Lou Dobbs (AFP via Getty Images)

By Sandy Fitzgerald    |   Saturday, 06 February 2021 12:07 PM

Short URL|Email Article|Comment|Contact|Print|    AA

Copy Shortlink

Lou Dobbs’ fans and fellow supporters of President Donald Trump are standing behind the longtime Fox Business host after the ratings-winning show that he had anchored for a decade was canceled Friday.  

The longtime host Friday night and on Saturday shared numerous tweets — including one from a person who had posted a statement from Trump, whose own account was dropped from Twitter  —  that voiced support for both him and his show as the outcry grew about Fox’s decision, reports The Hill

“Lou Dobbs is and was great,” Trump said in the statement, shared by Women For America First Chairwoman Amy Kremer. Nobody loves America more than Lou. He had a large and loyal following that will be watching closely for his next move, and that following includes me,” 

Dobbs was one of Trump’s most vocal backers in conservative media, often scolded Republicans who he did not believe sufficiently defended the former president and promoted election fraud theories after Trump lost last year to President Joe Biden.

The show host also retweeted several tweets, including some claiming that the network is in a “tailspin” and in a “race with itself for the bottom,” or referred to Dobbs as a “patriot” and as a “GOAT,” short for “greatest of all time.”

Fox News Media said Friday that it had canceled “Lou Dobbs Tonight,” the highest-rated program on Fox Business, with a spokesperson claiming that the network “regularly considers” programming changes and that the cancellation was part of its plans to “launch new formats as appropriate post-election,” reports Deadline.

However, Dobbs, along with Fox personalities Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro, was named in a $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit filed Thursday by elections system company Smartmatic against Fox Corp. Dobbs is still under contract with Fox. 

Fox News Media says the lawsuit does not have merit and that it will fight it in court. 

On Monday, Dobbs’ show at 5 p.m. will be replaced with a new program, “Fox Business Tonight,

Social media & sharing icons powered by UltimatelySocial
error

Enjoy this blog? Please spread the word :)

RSS
Follow by Email
LinkedIn
LinkedIn
Share
Scroll to Top