- Lucasfilm, Jordan Peele, other creators express support for ‘Star Wars’ star John Boyega after he joined protestsIN THE KNOW — 3M 15S AGO
- Democratic senators kneel during moment of silence for George FloydSENATE — 4M 31S AGO
- How to solve the vacancies problem that looms over federal governmentOPINION — 5M 25S AGO
- National Guard kneel with protesters in HollywoodSTATE WATCH — 5M 53S AGO
- Graham postpones Russia probe subpoena vote as tensions boil overSENATE — 11M 2S AGO
- Park Police asked to defend rationale behind clearing protestersENERGY & ENVIRONMENT — 15M 45S AGO
- Watch live: Memorial service for George Floyd in MinneapolisIN THE NEWS — 15M 58S AGO
- McConnell expresses support for Esper amid tensionsSENATE — 20M 18S AGO
VIEW ALLRelated News
- Looking to save more on car insurance? Thumbs…Sponsored | Progressive
- Charlamagne tha God tells Rush Limbaugh…
- Brzezinski: White House press secretary ‘is lying…
- LAPD commission gets bashed by callers…
Dozens of officers from the Louisville Metro Police Department walked out on the city’s Mayor Greg Fischer (D) on Wednesday as he tried to address them.
Video obtained by the Courier-Journal showed the Louisville, Ky., mayor standing in the middle of a room as officers and detectives walked out without a word.
The move comes as tensions have risen between the mayor’s office and the police department following the police shooting death of Breonna Taylor, an unarmed black woman who was shot and killed by officers in her Louisville apartment on March 13.
Fraternal Order of Police President Ryan Nichols, who was not in attendance, said the walkout was not planned but illustrated the frustration police are feeling with Fischer as they have been responding to protests in the city since last week, according to the newspaper.
“They feel completely unsupported and disr