- North Korean missiles again flying over Japan ‘only a matter of time,’ experts say
- North Korea warns of retaliatory actions over defectors in South
- North Korea says it may send troops into parts of the DMZ
- Kim Jong Un’s sister takes bigger role in threats to South Korea
- ASIA PACIFIC / POLITICSCarrie Lam says opponents of security law are ‘enemy of the people’
- ASIA PACIFIC / CRIME & LEGALTraffickers demand ransoms for Rohingya held at sea in Southeast AsiaBY NAIMUL KARIM
- WORLDU.S. airlines threaten to ban passengers who refuse to wear masks
- WORLDThe future of media: more digital and more economic pain, Reuters Institute saysBY GUY FAULCONBRIDGE
- WORLD / SOCIAL ISSUESNext LGBT rights legal battle looms after U.S. Supreme Court victory
- WORLD‘When does it stop?’ Family of slain Atlanta man makes tearful plea
The South Carolina native went an impressive 12-1 in his first NPB season last year for the Pacific League winners.
- NBANBA players discuss playing amid Black Lives Matter movement
- SOCCERUEFA to pick Lisbon as Champions League knockout rounds host
- TRACK & FIELDFormer runner Brendan Foster doubtful London Marathon can take place
- OLYMPICSTokyo 2020 executive says another delay should be an option
- FOOTBALLNFL boss Roger Goodell encourages team to sign Colin Kaepernick
- MLBCommissioner Rob Manfred says season in jeopardy after talks falter
- SPORTSSumo SpecialFollow all of the news from the Spring Basho with our Sumo Special.
BY BAYE MCNEIL
The mainstream Japanese media continues to mess up on issues of race. It’s time for a new generation of talking heads.
- VOICES | FOREIGN AGENDAWhy we’re marching for Black lives in JapanBY AYANA WYSE
- OUR LIVES | ADOPT ME!Here’s hoping this Seven can find some luck
- VOICES | FOREIGN AGENDAComedian B.J. Fox: The joke I regret making on ‘Terrace House’BY B.J. FOX
- OUR LIVES | ADOPT ME!Koten the cat knows how it feels to be the shy one
If time spent at home during COVID-19 made you want to get your own furry friend, here are some points to consider before committing to a new pet.
- LANGUAGE | NEWS IN NIHONGOPhone app informs riders of up-to-date crowded conditions
- LANGUAGE | WELL SAIDWhether it’s ‘ni shite mo’ or ‘ni shiro,’ this structure has you coveredBY AKEMI TANAHASHI AND HITOMI TASHIRO
- STYLE & DESIGN | ON: FASHIONFashion on pause looks for a path forwardBY SAMUEL THOMAS
- FOOD & DRINKThe do’s and doughs of bread makers: Move beyond the basic loaf with mochi and moreBY SARAH B. HODGE
- LIFEJapan Cultural ExpoNationwide programs offer in-depth look at 10,000 years of Japanese culture, tradition, art and history
- LIFESea of Japan discovery trailDelve into a wealth of nature, traditions and other hidden wonders of the Sea of Japan.
In smooth, heady prose, Antony Dapiran shows what he calls “a fight for the very soul of Hong Kong.”
- BOOKS‘Sharing a House with the Never-Ending Man’: 15 years as Studio Ghibli’s bridge to the world
- STAGE | REGIONAL VOICES: OKINAWAOkinawa cultural hall shows what the new normal will look like for theaters
- CULTUREVideo gamers have pandemic entertainment figured outBY RUSSELL THOMAS
- MUSIC | SOUND OFFThe summer of our discontentBY PATRICK ST. MICHEL
Effective measures needed to address cyberbullying
More effective measures needed to resolve Japan’s ‘national crisis’
Zoom must do more to win back confidence
Asian leaders should assess the Sino-American conflict across three distinct but related dimensions.
JT GROUP SITES