SCOTT GALLOWAY: Walmart’s new membership program is $400 billion off from being a real competitor to Amazon Prime. But there’s a simple approach that could make them a formidable rival.
- Scott Galloway is a bestselling author and professor of marketing at NYU Stern.
- The following is his recent blog post, republished with permission. It originally ran on his blog, “No Mercy / No Malice.”
- Galloway says that Twitter’s announcement of a new subscription-based platform, Gryphon, is a great move for the social media platform, as it will allow users to connect free from bots and the typical Twitter “toxicity.”
- He also criticizes the behavior of VC’s on new social network Clubhouse, where some loudly claimed that New York Times journalist Taylor Lorenz was biased in her tech coverage.
- Galloway reviewed Lorenz’s 25 most recent articles, and found that the majority of them portrayed technology and tech founders in a positive light.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Few firms counterpunch like Walmart. “Innovation” has a new, first-of-its-kind feel. But most stakeholder value is a function of firms benchmarking, copying, or stealing other firms’ great ideas: improving them, putting more wood/capital behind the arrow, or placing it o