Wildfires Live Updates: Evacuations Ordered as Fires Near Portland Suburbs
The mayor of Portland declared a state of emergency as fires burned toward the city. California and Washington State are battling growing fires, too.
The National Weather Service said a huge cloud of smoke would descend on Washington State today, creating unhealthy breathing conditions around the state.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Portland declares an emergency as fires burn toward its suburbs.
- ‘This is a fathomless loss’: Some searches for the missing end in tragedy.
- Climate change is a real and urgent threat in California.
- False rumors that activists set the fires are exasperating officials.
- Getting prisoners out of harm’s way raises the risk of spreading the coronavirus.
- States are in a desperate search for help battling the fires.
- Wildfire smoke is dangerous to your health. Here’s how to protect yourself.
Video00:001:141:14Fires Continue to Tear Through Western States